And The Seasons Change..
So you thought that I deserted you, didn’t you? Well, you’re right – I did. But not intentionally.
Here’s a brief update on why we haven’t been around. Ready?
We are EXHAUSTED.
YES! Exhausted. Literally, one of the main reasons why we don’t get much done that is truly in our hearts. It’s now April and the REAL busy season is in full swing (no pun intended).
- Emma is in Softball and Running Club (that’s where the pun comes in)
- Will is managing a Men’s Softball league and just received a promotion at work
- Greta is prepping for her dance recital (lyrical dance), co-leading a small group at church and getting ready to fly back to her mom’s for the Summer
- Billy and Clayton are growing up and requiring more and more intentional time
- I’m working 30 hours a week from home (with Farotech, I LOVE my job)
- Will and I are both leading a Highschool small group at our church, and attending a great marriage small group (Love & Respect)
Being completely vulnerable with you, between beginning this season of our lives and going through some other trials, I’ve been questioning the publishing of our blog. The purpose of this blog was to bring people together and form a community of support for those who are in blended families – but within that, I want to make sure that I’m not putting my beautiful blended masterpiece on blast.
I’ve recently been experiencing a great relationship with my youngest stepdaughter, and all the while missing my oldest. These girls have my heart in their hands, and I wouldn’t want anything I say to ever make them feel like their life is over-exposed.
With that said, Will and I would love to continue our blog, with a focus more on marriage and ‘hypothetical situations’rather than always child-specific circumstances. I have been told that I have a gift of being transparent, and that is great for other people to see, but not always great for those closest to me.
I do hope that you continue to follow us on our journey, as we will be more active on our Facebook Page with updates, videos and probably some comedy. Also, remember that you can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on.
Talk to you soon!